In this blog post I would like to give an honest and unbiased review of Bulk Apothecary.com. When it comes to buying essential oils it is important to know what you’re buying is of premium quality and purest making.
When reviewing an essential oils company I use a very basic, but thorough checklist.
My Essential Oils Review Checklist:
- 100% Essential Oil
- Extraction Method (steam distilled is best for all oils except citrus, which you want to be cold pressed)
- Latin or Botanical Name of the Plant
- Country Where Plants Are Grown and Oils Are Extracted From
Among this list “organic” is the least important requirement… because the majority of countries that the essential oils are being extract from, prohibit the use of GMO based plants, however if it makes you feel more confident in your purchase – then by all means include that in your list of requirements.
So let’s review Bulk Apothecary.com
Who is Bulk Apothecary and what do they say about their products…Bulk Apothecary state this about themselves,
At Bulk Apothecary, we offer 100% pure high-grade aromatherapy essential oils at affordable prices. We are one of the largest importers and domestic purchasers of many of these oils and offer them at some of the best prices available.
When you look at the site, basically they’re a wholesale distributor, who sells; essential oils, raw ingredients, health and beauty, as well as a bunch of misc products.
- They do have certified USDA Organic essential oils – sold by a company called “Nature’s Oil”
- They sell essential oils in various sizes for personal and commercial uses
- They do provide country of origin
- They do state the Latin or Botanical names for each essential oil
- Their individual essential oils are 100% pure
- Extraction method is steam distilled
- Prices are affordable
- They do not primarily sell all natural products
- Their essential oil blends do not state whether or not they have carrier oils in them
- They don’t sell just essential oils or essential oil related products
- The essential oils sold, are from another company entirely
Overview and Conclusion
The 2 screen shots above where taken directly from their website. So… the main problem I have with this site is the fact that the essential oils sold – are not their own. Basically you’re taking their word that the company they get the oils from is providing you with a quality product.
The other issue I have is that they don’t care whether the other products listed on their site are natural. This makes me nervous, because who says that they will keep tabs on the company providing the essential oils or raw products – if they have no standard or consistency among their other products?
So honestly I wouldn’t recommend bulkapothecary.com as a place to buy your essential oils. I can however, share with you the company that I prefer to buy my essential oils from and why I chose them over the sea of other essential oil companies.
I buy Spark Naturals Essential Oils and aside from meeting my checklist – here’s why I prefer Spark Naturals:
- Citrus oils are cold pressed-Other oils are 100% steam distilled which means the oils are properly extracted from the plant for optimal quality and purity.
- Fantastic customer service!
- Affordable pricing and affordable shipping rates, not to mention the range of discounts and promos that are always going on.
- Their monthly free drawing for $150 Sparks Naturals shopping spree!
- Their $15/month “Oil of the Month” club that gives members 60% off discounts on retail prices
- Fast shipping.
- Large and growing inventory of essential oils.
- Efficient and user-friendly website for browsing and fast check out.
Feel free to checkout their website for yourself here.
I hope you found this information helpful in deciding which essential oil company to buy from, keep an eye out for other essential oil company reviews. Let me know in the comments below if their is a specific essential oil company you would like me to review and I will give you a shout out in my next blog post!