When I was growing up I would occasionally go over to my grams to spend the weekend with her. We would go out to lunch, checkout yard sales in the summer, I would get to take long bubble baths and my favorite part was watching black and white – I Love Lucy reruns!
Out of all the I Love Lucy episodes , by far my favorite was “Job Switch”. It’s where Fred and Ricky switch places for the day with Lucy and Ethel have to go get jobs for the first time. Things start out okay for Ricky and Fred in the home, they make a few simple mistakes, but when suppertime comes around…
Meanwhile over at the job placement office, Lucy and Ethel are trying to figure out what kind of job they could actually apply for. They aren’t very helpful considering that neither of them have ever had a job outside of the home before.
Alas they decide on… the Chocolate Factory!
There are way to many funny clips in this episode to share them all, but I’m confident almost everyone remembers this part…
Poor girls, they just couldn’t seem to get the hang of a job. If you haven’t seen this episode I would highly recommend spending the 30 minutes and getting a good hearty laugh in today.
You can find this I Love Lucy Episode “Job Switch” and many others on this Youtube channel:
Did you know laughter is the best medicine?
Just look at all these benefits of laughter…
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- Laughter burns calories. OK, so it’s no replacement for going to the gym, but one study found that laughing for 10 to 15 minutes a day can burn about 40 calories—which could be enough to lose three or four pounds over the course of a year.
- Laughter lightens anger’s heavy load. Nothing diffuses anger and conflict faster than a shared laugh. Looking at the funny side can put problems into perspective and enable you to move on from confrontations without holding onto bitterness or resentment.
- Laughter may even help you to live longer. A study in Norway found that people with a strong sense of humor outlived those who don’t laugh as much. The difference was particularly notable for those battling cancer.
This information was shared from: “Laughter Is The Best Medicine”
You can visit their website for even more benefits of laughter!
You can get the whole collection of I Love Lucy now on DVD! To make it easy for you I found it on Amazon, you can buy either the whole set or individual series.